Shutdown in one step?

John Burton j.c.burton at gats-inc.com
Fri Dec 3 13:45:14 UTC 2004

Chris Tepaske wrote:

>Gnome does but KDE doesn't, although other distro's KDE versions do so there
>has to be a way of enabling it, does any body know how too?

Actually I think this has more to do with the Display Manager
(gdm,kdm,xdm) than with the Desktop (gnome, kde). On my FC3 system, I'm
using KDE 3.3.1 desktop with the KDM display manager. I select "logout"
from the KDE main menu and up pops a widget that asks if I want to "End
Session", "Stop Computer", or "Restart Computer". Works for me

John