Installing 2.2.1-1.FC3.i386.rpm

Terry R. Grier terry at tigerstaffing.net
Sat Dec 4 15:48:22 UTC 2004

Michael A. Peters wrote:

> On 12/03/2004 03:28:24 PM, Terry R. Grier wrote:
>
>> currently have abiword 2.0.12 on FC3.
>> I tried a yum update.  No luck.
>> So I got the rpms. for 2.2.1-1
>> I get an error Unlocatable package
>> enchant
>> libenchant.so.l
>> Where/how do I get these?
>> trg
>>

> [mpeters at devel ~]$ rpm -q --whatprovides libenchant.so.1
> no package provides libenchant.so.1
> [mpeters at devel ~]$ rpm -q abiword
> abiword-2.2.0-2
>

> Not sure how to help you.
> I'm using the AbiWord from Rawhide, not from AbiSource.
> I rebuilt it in fc3 (rpmbuild --rebuild src.rpm) to make sure the
> dependencies were fc3 met, and not rawhide.
>
> If you want to try it -
>
> http://mpeters.us/yum/fedora/3/i386/RPMS.bleed/abiword-2.2.0-2.i386.rpm

M.
Thanks.. this rpm. worked like a charm.   Why do you think that with
Abiword coming on the install disks it is not listed in the yum updates?

Also.. my I ask a OT questions...... As a 'light user'  of a word and
excel types of programs... I personaly found OO too much .... hard to
explain exactly what I mean...
So I tried gnomeric and abiword...  I do notice and abi word cannot
handle some of my old word templetes and OO writer can.
Why do you use... abiword or gnumeric v OO....  Just wondering...
basicly.. trying to figure out .. (as a new linux convert) which Office
product I am going to invest in learning aobut.