FC3 selinux mysqld net_bind_service denied

Barrow H Kwan bhkwan at thoughtworks.com
Sun Dec 5 03:26:37 UTC 2004

I think this is similar to my response to other post..

try "getselinux -a" to see if there one option related to mysql.  If so,
set active to 1 with setselinux.  You need to update
/etc/selinux/targeted/booleans

Kyuso Cahi <kyuso at softhome.net>
Sent by: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com
12/04/2004 11:13 AM
Please respond to
For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>

fedora-list at redhat.com
cc

Subject
FC3 selinux mysqld net_bind_service denied

I am recently having the following message appear three times every time
mysqld starts:

audit(1102187363.548:0): avc:  denied  { net_bind_service } for  pid=4457
exe=/usr/libexec/mysqld capability=10 scontext=root:system_r:mysqld_t
tcontext=root:system_r:mysqld_t tclass=capability

Nothing much is affected though as far as I can tell, since thing seems to

work fine.

I have FC3 with selinux-policy-targeted 1.17.30-2.39, and I don't think
the
message appeared before I updated selinux-policy.

How do I get rid of that message?