SIS Ethernet Controller - AMD64 - Not recognised

Richard Warburton richard at solver.co.nz
Sun Dec 5 09:30:32 UTC 2004

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 23:17:34 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:

>On Sat, 2004-12-04 at 23:06, Richard Warburton wrote:
>
>> Motherboard: K8S-MX
>> Processor: AMD 64bit 3000+
>> LAN: SIS 191/190 MAC + Realtek RTL8201CL 10/100 LAN PHY
>>
>> Can anyone direct me to the necessary drivers and install information
>> for the onboard lan in FC3?
>>
>> Many thanks.
>

>I had a problem many months ago with FC2 and an on board ethernet port.
>To resolve that problem I had to disable plug and play in the bios.  Not
>sure that is the same problem you are having but it sounds very
>similar.  Everything else seemed to load correctly.

Thanks for your input Scot.  Unfortunately, Plug and Play was disabled
to start with and after much frustration I turned it on.  I will turn it
off again and see if it makes a difference, but I'm not holding my
breath.  The Lan is turned on in the bios as well.  I could be wrong
(and someone please correct me), but I don't think there is support for
the SIS 191/190 LAN in the stock fedora.  I thought I would try adding
eth0 manually (well, system-config-network-druid), but I didn't see a
matching driver.

I'm still going to tinker with the bios more anyway.  If it works out -
I'll owe you one Scot.

Cheers.