KVM and mouse stability

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikep at mi-consultants.com
Sun Dec 5 13:42:49 UTC 2004

Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:

>>when switching back to FC-3, mouse is erratic and unusable. Doesn't help
>>to switch to text console (Control-Alt-F2) and back to X. Doesn't help
>>to add psmouse.proto=imps to grub boot.
>>
>>Anyone else seeing this on FC-32.6.9-1.681_FC3 ?

On  an older KVM that doesn't keep the mouse signals while switched I
have seen this.  Here's the weird part though...  If I'm not switched
onto that machine while it is booting up it won't do that when I switch
back and forth later.

I imagine it probes for the mouse on boot up and is loading something if
it find it. There's a package for mouse support in console. I wonder if
that has something to do with it.

Mike