Entourage + Outlook >> Linux

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Dec 5 15:42:44 UTC 2004

On Sunday 05 December 2004 23:34, Lotsa Cabo wrote:
> Okay, this is an odd one.  I've been looking for a few days now and can't
> find anyone that has actually done either.
>
> I have mail sitting on my PowerBook in Apple Mail.  I pulled it into
> Entourage in hopes to have an "export" function (no dice).  I also have
> mail on my XP PC in Outlook.  How the heck can I get the contents from BOTH
> and pull it into a proper mail client in Linux (I am assuming Evolution).
>
> Any ideas?

This sounds sorta crude, but i will work.

Create yourself an imap account somewhere.
Create some folders
Select all mail in one Entourage or Mail folder
Move it to an Imap folder.
>From there, you can get it into Evolution.

I'm assuming your Linux box isn't your Mac, so that would be a good place for
your imap server if you don't already have one to play with. If you do that,
you might actually leave the mail in the imap server; you can get it from
_all_ your email clients then.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield