FC2 -> FC3 upgrade question

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikep at mi-consultants.com
Sun Dec 5 17:38:17 UTC 2004

Jay Moore wrote:

> In my opinion, the ideal would be an OS upgrade every 3-4 years, and/or
>
>some better (more complete?) tools for automating the upgrade process.
>I'm sure this is a pretty difficult thing to do, but I'm into wishful
>thinking today :)

I have to agree with you there. I''m not really sure what consist of a
major upgrade for FC.
Why not simply call it FC (no numeral) and keep upgrading the packages
an that's it.

It almost seems like a race simply to get out another major version...
when there seems to be so many little bug fixes improvements that can be
made and still call it FC3 or whatever.

This seems like a "Commercial Software" cycle thing. Where we need to
get out a version before the 1st quarter of 05 to bring in some revenues
from upgrades.  ;-)

Cheers,
Mike