Fedora and Music

Terry R. Grier terry at tigerstaffing.net
Thu Dec 9 04:33:40 UTC 2004

Hello All.
I have come a long way in 4 weeks ..learning how to install software ..
use samba.... not to mention.. buring isos and checking mdsums...
I am getting stumped.. with my fedora and music.

Can someone send me some websites on getting mp3s and ACC files to work
on linux?
I still have a windows boot on my other computer.
cause I use itunes and have an ipod.

I am having a hard time getting musicbox to play mp3s .... I thought I
installed/pluginned... gstreamer
but it crashes.. each time I try play an mp3.

I am getting frustrated.. with the music sides of fedora. I love it for
everything so far.... except music.  and I have about 6,ooo songs that I
would like to use fedora as a file server for.......
are there articles or something I can read to start learing ?
Also what about this ogg format?  I seems that no ipod like device
supports the format... is it 'better' than mp3 or ACC ?

Anyway.. thank you for your time.