up2date not working?

Gill, Jack JGill at mail.twu.edu
Tue Dec 14 14:18:41 UTC 2004

I upgraded from FC2 to FC3.  When I did, I found that I had a toolbar at
both the top and bottom of the screen.  I didn't want the one at the
top, so I deleted it, and in the process, deleted the Up2Date icon (and
process).

I added the icon to the bottom toolbar, where it was before the upgrade,
but of course it just sits there-it's only the icon.  The system doesn't
automatically check for updates now.

How can I get Up2Date to automatically check for updates again?  (I like
having the red circle with exclamation mark to notify me, even though I
usually update via yum.)

Jack