Suspend to RAM

Amy M amymom at hawaiilinux.us
Wed Dec 15 20:39:30 UTC 2004

In a recent review article, it was mentioned that the "Suspend to RAM"
feature works right out of the box for SuSE 9.2, but needed a lot of
tweaking (including recompiling the kernel), as well as special scrip,
for FC3.

I consider the "Suspend to RAM" a very important feature for laptops.
(The author of that article even joked that perhaps none of the FC3
developers use a laptop.)  For a while (since I am using Fedora
exclusively now), I thought the "Suspend to RAM" feature is only
available in Windows (2K and XP).  The fact that it works in SuSE indeed
gives me a lot of hope that it will eventually work in FC.

I did a search on the suspend to RAM and Fedora, but nothing useful came
up.  Does anyone have any experience on this subject?  Thanx.