Fedora Core 3 Newbie

delir!um delirium at expansionmedia.de
Thu Dec 16 21:44:35 UTC 2004

Hi James,

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 10:24 -0500, James Kosin wrote:

> Yes, you have to wait for new drivers from ATI or a patch for it to
> work with FC3.  Unfortunately, there where lots of changes with FC3
> and the new kernel.  Just plug ATI's support site for this.

ATI won't update their drivers for notebooks (they tell you on their web
site that you should contact your manufacturer, because they provide
drivers for your devices). So in my case I have to contact ACER, but it
is hopeless - they provide drivers only for windows :-/

> |3. It's important to get to work my WLAN Card either because of my
> |Router at Home, I hate long cables.
>
> We need more information about which WLAN card?  Have you checked the
> support site for the WLAN card?  We don't have a clue as to what isn't
> working.  Is it detecting the card?  Is it loading drivers?  Are they
> the correct drivers?
> Until then, you will have to live with a long or short cable to the
> nearest HUB or SWITCH.

Broadcom 802.11g, I will try to search for support on the broadcom web
site. Fedora is not detecting the card ...

kind regards,
delir!um