Fedora Project launches Pre-Extras

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 17 16:21:40 UTC 2004

Timothy Murphy said:
> Satish Balay wrote:
>

>> You might have to wait for some mirrors to (host the extras/pre-extras
>> repository) and generate this metadaga for your use.
>
> I don't understand this pre-extras stuff.
> Can I take it that if I don't understand it I don't need it?

Pre-extras is just Fedora Extras without all of the infrastructure in
place.  For example, there are just a very limited number of people with
CVS commit access and the build system isn't up yet.

Pre-extras was released to help stop all the complaining about fedora.us
not building FC3 packages.  Work has been going on, there just wasn't a
public place to put that work.  That public place is now pre-extras.
After the rest of the infrastructure is in place, pre-extras will go away
and there will finally be a Fedora Extras.

--
William Hooper