[FC3] No mp3 activity at any cost

Brian Fahrlander brian at fahrlander.net
Sat Dec 18 13:02:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 16:01 +0000, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> rpm.livna.org is what you want
>
> yum install gstreamer-plugins-mp3
>
> if you use xmms
>
> yum install xmms-mp3

    Well, Livna while being very technically adept has caused problems
before.  Specifically, using their driver, every time the machine was
powered down, it'd eat my Nvidia-specific xorg.conf and I had to copy it
back.  Odd thing is, when I yanked it, it didn't stop.  But, it did stop
when I installed FC3 over it...

    I find it interesting the naming of these same modules, different on
various repos.  Is that a trend?

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller