[Off-Topic] Message filters in KMail

Brian Richardson brian at cubik.ca
Sat Dec 18 22:28:40 UTC 2004

Gustavo Seabra wrote:
> I currently use Thunderbird with an imap account. I've set the filters
> so that it transfer messages to subfolders in the imap sever
> automatically so that, e.g., all mails from the Fedora Core list
> automatically go to the fedora folder, and so on. How can I do that in
> KMail? I tried using message filters but, apparently, it only lets me
> move messages to local folders, not remote (imap) folders.

Yeah, that's why I stopped using Kmail. I ended up having to use a
procmail recipe on my mail server to transfer messages to the
appropriate folder. Then I found out that Kmail would only count the
messages in that folder when I specifically selected it. D'oh!

Brian
--
Brian Richardson
Software Developer