Canon USB printer

Gustavo Seabra seabra at ksu.edu
Sun Dec 19 23:07:03 UTC 2004

Danesh Daroui wrote:

> Gustavo Seabra wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a Canon i470D USB printer. Is there any way to get it to work
>> in Fedora?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
> I had a Canon inkjet USB printer but maybe not the same model you
> have, and I could never make it work with Fedora Core 1, maybe Fedora
> Core 2 or 3 are enhanced. I contacted Canon to overcome this problem
> but they said they ABSOLUTELY DO NOT support and encourage any user to
> use Linux platform. Well, I sold it and bought a color laser HP and
> now it works great and has better quality either !!! ;)

Thanks. Congratulations on your new HP. I should never had bought this
cannon printer! However, it was in Windows days, and the printer has a
good feature: It has a SD card reader built in so I could use it with
the card and even print pictures directly with it so, if I could use,
I'd be happy.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University