up2date & rhn_check

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 20 13:25:58 UTC 2004

Rob said:
>> Are you eventually gettings updates for packages,
>> or is it always telling you there are updates that you cannot get? Does
>> anyone know where some good documentation on up2date is?  I
>
> I still have a notification for Gtk-Perl and libpostproc, however
> running up2date tells me all is well.

Neither of these RPMs are from Fedora Core.  What external repos are you
using?  What version do you have and what version does rhn-applet say you
need to upgrade to?
[snip]

> rhn_check

I assume you mean rhn-applet?

> will tell me
> there is an update for firefox but since I dont have 32bit repos in my
> rhn/sources it will never retreive the updates.

rhn-applet and up2date both use the same sources file, so if one sees the
update the other should also.

--
William Hooper