Memory Usage: Firefox / Evolution

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 24 03:30:46 UTC 2004

Ryan D'Baisse wrote:
> Ooooh, HECK, no!  Could someone please explain to me how Firefox could
> be taking up 114MB (34 MB shared) and Evolution 207MB (26.7 MB
> shared)?
>
> Thanx,
> Ryan

It's beyond mortal understanding! I just launched Firefox while reading
your email, with only one simple page loaded (Google) it was taking 87MB
and Thunderbird (reading this mail) was taking 98MB. Maybe someone
should have a contest for the worlds worst coders so these guys can get
the recognition they deserve. Of course, memory is still cheaper than
programmer time.

John