This dog won't hunt: ( No Joy ) cd drive mounting

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Tue Dec 28 21:37:02 UTC 2004

Mark Weaver wrote:
> Osmo Laitinen wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 06:20:56PM +0200, Osmo Laitinen wrote:
>>
>>> Did you update the kernel also? Naturally you won't have need for smp
>>> kernel unless you hardware can benefit that (as HT intel and multicpu
>>> machines), but you could try the latest normal dev kernel (which seem
>>> to be kernel-2.6.9-1.1049_FC4 at the moment).
>>> Since my automount problem did require that updated kernel (which, by
>>> the way, broke my vpn-client... not good), you might need it also.
>>>

>> Or you could try with kernel found from:
>> http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/FC3/RPMS.kernel/
>> Those alse fixed my automounting and also vpn-client is working again,
>> nice.
>> And those kernels has gpg signatures which is very good.
>>

> Hi Osma,
>
> thanks for the info... I'm downloading the kernel now. I'll install it
> and post back how I made out.

holy hanna!!! this dog won't hunt either. At least until I figure out
why I'm getting kernel panic when I attempt to boot the kernel. The
message said something about some drivers that it couldn't load. Next
time I reboot I'll copy down the message and post it back to the list.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."