kernel panic: ( No Joy ) cd drive mounting

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Wed Dec 29 18:27:43 UTC 2004

Osmo Laitinen wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 06:40:05PM -0500, Mark Weaver wrote:
>

>>Ok... After installing both kernel-2.6.9-1.1049_FC4, and
>>kernel-smp-2.6.9-1.1049_FC4 I'm still pretty much in the same boat.
>>Neither of these kernels will boot.
>

> Well, you could try with kernel from here:
> http://people.redhat.com/davej/kernels/Fedora/FC3/RPMS.kernel/
>
> As I said earlier, that 2.6.9-1.715_FC3 works better than those
> labeled as FC4. And those seems to have gpg signatures also, which is nice.
> And there is no need for you to use smp kernels (unless you have
> computer that benefits for those).

heh! I had done that three days ago in the hopes that the development
kernel would solve my troubles. Alas, that kernel did the same thing as
the other kernel - it paniced.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."