Firefox 32bit on FC3 AMD 64

Frank FIR at Frank.net
Thu Dec 30 21:46:39 UTC 2004

Because there is no flash player for the 64 bit Firefox included in the
amd64 FC3, I uninstalled the firefox rpm and installed firefox from the
mozilla site.  Before I ran it I nuked the contents of the extensions
directory (in my personal .mozilla), reasoning that it may contain 64
bit extensions.

Firefox is running fine except that it won't install plugins.  I've gone
through the install process for two different extensiosn (googlebar and
web developer) and they both show as "will be installed when you restart
firefox."  The problem is that I have restarted.  I've even rebooted.
They are stuck in that state.

I've run firefox from the command line and there are no error messages.

Any idea how to fix this?

Frank.