windows line breaks in txt files

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Wed Dec 1 07:46:32 UTC 2004

  > Another way to change emac's end of line style is within your text
> buffer enacs M-x set-buffer-file-coding-system  [the M-x is
> emacs-speak for the meta/alt key, or alternatively ESC x].  (Or if
> running graphically under X11, select from the menus
> Options->Mule->Set Coding Systems->For Saving This Buffer.)  Then at
> the prompt enter one of these two:
>
>   undecided-dos
>   undecided-unix

Okay, so there are several solutions but...

I am setting my system up so that my wife, who has no interest in such
thinks, can simply get used to using a set of programs and use them
whether the computer is in windows or linux. I personally think that
needs to be the focus of all attempts to win over windows users.

So, is there a good text editor which runs in windows which will
correctly detect the line breaks. Then she can use that and be none the
wiser ;)

Duncan