update

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Dec 1 13:07:42 UTC 2004

John Summerfield wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 December 2004 11:29, drshrek wrote:
>> hi guys.. my remote server run fedora core 1. I am planning to upgrade
>> it to fedora core 3. can I do this task remotely using like yum
>> command? thanks for the help.
>
> Since you need to ask, probably not:-)

I don't see any need to be rude/smart.
It seemed to me a perfectly sensible question.

> Not unless you use one of those fancy networked KVMs.

I've seen postings from people who did what the poster asks,
basically I think by running "yum upgrade" with appropriate repositories.

Personally, I have found that the distribution kernels
have not worked on my SCSI-only machine for some time,
so in my case it would have been difficult to upgrade remotely.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366