Usb dvd on FC1 and FC3 but not FC2

Hi. I have a USB DVD Sony DRX-510UL. When I plug it in a FC1 (IBM)
server, it gets recognized instantly. When I plug it on my FC3 PC, the
same. But when I connect it to my FC2 Compaq server, does not work.

I tried:
yum update (boots ok, with v2.6.9, but no dvd)
modprobe usb-storage (ok, but no dvd)
modprobe [euo]hci-usb (one by one, all ok, but no dvd)

What else should I try?

Thanks!

--
Rodolfo Alcázar (rodolfo alcazar padep org bo)
Administrador datos y red - Padep/GTZ