OO in FC2

Jim Higson jh at 333.org
Wed Dec 1 19:26:53 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 01 Dec 2004 12:24, Jonathan Allen wrote:
> All,
>
> One of my users just told me about a change to OO that crept in during
> the update process in FC2.  In OO on the CDs, in the File-Open selector,
> you could right-click on a file and rename or delete a file from the
> 'current' directory.  In the updated version, right-click only offers
> to "Show Hidden Files".
>
> Can someone please tell me where has the delete or rename file facility
> gone ?

It sounds as if you might be using the new, GNOME-enhanced verion, which uses
the desktop environment's native file chooser?

You can force it not to do this (or to use the file chooser from a different
DE) with the OOO_FORCE_DESKTOP environment variable.

See this Debian thread:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-openoffice/2003/11/msg00154.html