FC3: Nautilus opening new windows

Wed Dec 1 21:01:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 15:45 -0500, Frank wrote:
> I've been looking for a way to stop Nautilus from opening a new windo
> for each subdirectory that I descend into, thus far without success.  A
> coworker is running an older version with a checkbox controlling this
> behaviour in the preferences behaviour tab.  The current version does
> not have this option.  Is there another way?
>
> If not, can anybody suggest a more efficient graphical file browser?
>
> Frank.

Go into the GConf editor. Once there, in the navigation tree, go to
"apps", then to "nautilus", then to "preferences".

In the right hand window, check the box labeled: "always_use_browser"
and then exit.

That should revert you to the old behavior.

If you want to consider an alternative, check out Rox filer
(http://rox.sourceforge.net). This is what I have used with Xfce (CVS
version) since around RH 9.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz