Newbie Alert :) Network Problems

davide Richmond rdavide69 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 21:13:08 UTC 2004

Ah, much appreciated..that will be useful later when I get can the dang
thing online :)

But...So, I rebooted the the computer (how to I stop and start network
otherwise?) and as FC3 was loading I saw the message "Bringing up interface
eth0: 3c59x does not seem to be present".   I did the lspci -v again and it
seems to see it just fine.  If I go into Network Device Control and click
Activate..it gives the same message (3c59x does not seem present).  If I
delete it, will it automatically reinstall itself after the next reboot, or
will I have to re-add it?  Based on the info lspci gave me earlier, how do I
manually re-add the NIC?

Thanks,

Davide