Re: Is Fedora Core slower than RH 9 ?

On Thursday 02 December 2004 04:35, R. S. Patil wrote:
> I have Both RH 9 and Fedora  3  with me.
>
> I tried First RH 9 on a PII M/C with 128 MB RAM.
> I Ran Test application using FB 1.5 and D5 Client Appplication
> The longest Procedure in that application was test Case
> It took 15 Min on RH 9.
>
> On same M/C I installed FC3 and same application setup was  done.
> same Test procedure was run on new config,
> It took 55/60 Mins.
>
> I am surprised since My expectation was it should take either less or
> similar time.
>
> Can some body tell me what might have gone wrong ?
> Are there any config issues with FC3 ?

I don't know about graphics performance, but system performance in 128 Mb wil
be marginal at best. I have an Evectra running Nahant-1here: 128 Mb P III
600EB and 256 Mb swap is not enough for an email client and a web browser
causes an enormous amount of swapping, and then the kernel kills things for
lack of memory and I get to login again.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield