Bug installing FC3

Lyle Kopnicky lyle at veicon.com
Wed Dec 1 21:33:12 UTC 2004

Hi, I just tried to install FC3.  After I confirm the keyboard
configuration, I get a Bug dialog that says:

    Assertion (heads < 256) ad disk_dos.c:486 in
    function probe_partition_for_geom() failed.

If I ignore or cancel it a few times, I get a new bug:

    Assertion ((C * heads + H) * sectors + S ==A) at
    disk_dos.c:495 in function probe_partition_for_geom() failed.

I am installing from four CDs I burned and tested.  The machine is an
AMD K6-2 with 128MB RAM, a Memorex CD-ROM and WD Caviar HDD.

After ignoring a few more instances of either, the install moves on to
the Installation Type screen.  Is this bug something to be concerned about?

Thanks,
Lyle