Start X?

Lyle Kopnicky lyle at veicon.com
Thu Dec 2 01:59:09 UTC 2004

Thanks, I was starting in runlevel 3.  I changed it to 5.  Now it boots
up with this prompt:

    Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)
    Kernel 2.6.9-1.667 on an i586

    INIT: Id "x" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

Again, nothing if I press Alt-F7.  Any more ideas?

I also noticed that the link /etc/X11/X -> ../../usr/X11R6/bin/Xorg is
broken.  Am I missing something?  Is there a log file to check for errors?

Thanks,
Lyle