login

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Dec 2 05:40:21 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 02.12.2004 schrieb Nathan Low um 6:01:

> Is there a way to bypass the login screen?  In other
> words, can this screen be skipped in any way?  I'm new
> to Linux.

You should know and respect that the need to login is a security
feature. You shouldn't bypass that by the setting to automatically
login. How often do you log in and out that the need may nag you? At
very least: DON'T do automatic root logins. Even don't graphically login
as root.

Menu -> System Settings -> Login Screen -> Automatic Login

> Please respond.  Thanks.

You shouldn't write that term ("Please respond"). It appears a bit
offensive. People can read your postings and as the experience shows,
they answer.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 06:40:05 up 12 days, 1:27, load average: 0.51, 0.72, 0.64