Ditching FC3... for now =(

thom at customnetworks.ca thom at customnetworks.ca
Thu Dec 2 15:49:10 UTC 2004

> We have just recently installed FC3 on a Dell Laptop with WinXP, with no
>  problems. I don't see any issues, as long as you install Windows first
> (that I don't know why). If you want to try the dual boot, I can send
> you the details.

I have FC3 on my Dell Inspiron 8200 laptop dual booting with Windows XP so
I can play World of Warcraft. I have no issues that I haven't been able to
get resolved.

FC3 had the auto X forwarding turned off by default through ssh, and I
figured out how to get that running from the release notes. I had a few
issues with the nvidia driver so I can play quake3 and return to castle
wolfenstein under linux, but I got them resolved from the nvidia forums.

Maybe as an option you could just purchase a removable hard drive for your
laptop (my dell has another 40G drive in a removable bay) and you could
install the boot loader on the second drive and when you wanted to boot
linux, you could use a floppy boot. That way you don't touch your primary
working drive.

Just my 1/4 cent.

-=/>Thom