Tricky Network Configuration Suggestions

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Dec 2 17:01:29 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 02.12.2004 schrieb mkgriffin at adelphia.net um 13:40:

> I have a production server (serv1.domain.com) and a test server (test1.example.com) that is a duplicate of the
> production server.  They are on two different networks (serv1.domain.com:10.96.10.100; test.example.com:172.16.0.100).
> The test server is behind an iptables-based router that is masq'ing it's IP.  I want to allow certain clients to access the
> test box, but they are all on the the 10.xxx.xxx.xxx side of the router.  I would welcome suggestions for how I might do this.

> Michael

Maybe I overview the real 'tricky' problem. But as you already have an
iptables router, what is the problem to add port-forwarding iptables
rules on that machine, so that connects on router_ip:port go to the test
server?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:01:16 up 12 days, 12:48, load average: 0.57, 0.30, 0.22