Adding a network printer

Martin Canovas mcanovas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 17:17:43 UTC 2004

I'm using FC2. The printer is HP LaserJet 4050 N.

As I said before, I already tried other drivers: hpijs, hpijs-rss,
lj5gray, ljjet4

Yes of couse I tried the test page. As a matter of fact, that is all
I'm trying right now. I don't want to test it using firefox or other
application becuase that could be a problem in the application.

When I try the print test nothing happens.

We access this printer through a server, and I can ping it by IP or name.

It is fustraiting how an easy task becomes a pain in the ass. I guess
I will have to configure my syslog.conf to debug mode to get more
info.

Thanks for your help. If you can think of anything that might help me
let me know.

Martin