postfix alias problem

I am running Postfix on Fedora FC3.  I have a pretty large alias
table.  If the alias table is small, it works fine.  Meaning it builds
the alias database, and delivers mail correctly based on the alias
table.

But when I supply a large number of aliases (>1000), it seems to build
the alias database fine (no errors), and postfix seems to be running
fine, but it just ignore the aliases.

I'm not sure if this is a size limit, or a problem with one of my
aliases?  But its copied directly from a sendmail server, where it
works.  Anything I should look for? Any way to debug?

Thx,
BM