Re: [fedora] messed up mysql admin user

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Do, den 02.12.2004 schrieb Øyvind Lode um 19:00:

I just installed mysql-server on my fedora 3 box.
Was fiddeling with a few simple databases...

I'm a completely newbie on mysql so i have now messed up the default admin
users (root) password.

How can I reset this password??

RTFM (F=fine)

Especially when being a starter with MySQL. The documentation is good.

Øyvind

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Resetting_permissions.html

Alexander

This page will also help you. The website has a lot of other guides that you may find useful.

http://www.linuxhomenetworking.com/linux-adv/mysql.htm#_Toc88662667

Best wishes