Recommend wireless card

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Dec 2 21:07:34 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 04:15, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> proxim gold 802.11b will work with anything back to about redhat 7...
>
> joelja
>
> On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Jamie Bohr wrote:
> > Can any one recommend wirecard that works with FC3 out-of-the-box?  I
> > have two Netgear wireless adapters that don't work.  I would like
> > something that works without having to load additional software.   I
> > need a PCI and PCMCIA (or USB) card recommendations.
> >
> > Thank you all for your help, I glean so much from the list.

These are 11g.
This has been ansered here recently:-)
I have two of these:
http://www.allnet.de/cgi-php/produkte_text_neu.php?allnet_pn=ALL0271&katnr=19
Had one working with fc 2.90 as an access point. The other is working with
Ubuntu.
You will need to install the firmware.

They're sold rebadged in Australia by Netcomm. uses prism54 driver.

dlink has a web page most easily found by google.

I gather Atheros is well-supported. Use madwifi driver (from sf.net) if it's
not in the kernel.

Avoid TI and Broadcom. They do not help driver writers. I suggest using
supported cards if you're buying new, ndsiwrapper only if you already have an
unsupported card _and_ run IA32.

Google the archive.

--

Cheers