Finding compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.126.i386.rpm in Fedora

Satish Balay balay at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 2 22:33:54 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, John Summerfield wrote:

> Since I've not yet attempted to set yum up, I'll be pleasantly
> surprised if it does anything right.

Sure be ignorant. But don't pass judgment - and advice in that state.

> > rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3/RPM-GPG-KEY
> > rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
>
> Thanks for that. Done that, looks like Yum is doing something, but
> not what I want. Its going too slowly to be reading my DVD>

Yum doesn't look at your DVD. It goes over the net to the mirrorlist
specified in the default configs.

The default mirrorlists are all over the world - reconfigure them to a
more suitable values. (so thing are faster)

> I responded to your earlier email on the basis you were telling _me_
> what _I_ would do: one of the problems with English is one can't
> always understand whether a speaker means "you the person" or ""you
> the group," and I interpreted you differently from what I would have
> meant.

I guss my initail sugestion was for the OP - to use yum - instead of
mounting/searching each CDs one at a time - as you sugested.

Satish