OpenOffice ridiculously slow to start on FC3

This has been raised before but I have a bad problem with OO on FC3. I start it...the banner appears and the blue progress bar quickly goes across to 100% - and then nothing happens for at least 5 minutes.

Nothing to do with swapping or CPU. The CPU load falls to zero, disc activity ceases.....but no window appears for absolutely ages. The system doesn't hang up, because all other activities can continue; browsing, email etc.

This is on an Celeron M320 with 256Mb, 20Gb and 490Mb swap space.

Any ideas?

JDL