Floppy Error-Input/Output Error-Fedora2

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Fri Dec 3 05:52:14 UTC 2004

Hi All,

when doing cp filepath filepath I get the following errors,

1stly, I get,

cp writing 'mnt/floppy/' Input/output error

2ndly, I get,

the files showing up on the floppy(as if the copy was successful), but,
when removing it, and either inserting it into the same PCs floppy or
another, the files don't show, although, when re-copying(from the
original machine/the original file), I get asked to allow an overwrite.

3rdly, If I try a cp /mnt/floppy/'filename' 'directorypath' I get,

cp: cannot stat `/mnt/floppy/SMBMountError041203': No such file or
directory

What gives with this..? Cheers.

Mark Sargent