FC3 Graphical Install and Boot Problems

I'm having troubles installing FC3 in graphical install or, once installed using text mode, booting (can't get past firstboot's graphical mode). I see the buttons, dialogue boxes, etc., but not text in any of them, so I have no idea what I'm doing. I tried switching to a VGA monitor, but no luck, same as with DVI. Any ideas? I'm using the FC3 DVD and it passes media check.

Relevant System Specs:
Abit IS7-E
512MB DDR400
ATI Radeon 9600XT