Fedora Extras is extra

Scott angrykeyboarder at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 06:38:42 UTC 2004

Shawn wrote:

>>The only advice that I can give is that you should see what other
>>repositories people are combining and use that as your basis.
>>

>Ok I get it now.  But coming to Fedora and reading the link above, how
>would anyone know that there are other combinations or alternatives to
>fedora.us?

Um.. research?

Actually,  I was aware of FreshRPMS *before* I was aware of  Fedora.us
(thanks to a book I'd been reading on Linux/Fedora Core).  Most of what
I've picked up on Fedora though has been after I installed it and just
started scouring the net for information.   I've developed quite an
extensive list or bookmarks related to Fedora and (obviously) found and
made use of this mailing list.