Finding compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.126.i386.rpm in Fedora

Scott angrykeyboarder at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 04:59:29 UTC 2004

John Summerfield wrote:

>Thanks for that. Done that, looks like Yum is doing something, but not what I
>want. Its going too slowly to be reading my DVD>

You must have a dialup Internet connection.  I find it's faster to
download and install core files from one of the Fedora mirrors than to
dig out my DVD (CD in my case). mount it and hunt for the file.

>Looks like I have to read up on Yum; it's definitely not read my mind
>accurately.
>
>Of course, Debian would have got this right by asking my about my CD
>collection and mirror choice-)

Coming from Debian I'd suggest you use apt instead of yum.  I've used
both and I much prefer the former. :-)