Flash card read/write

Brian Richardson brian at cubik.ca
Fri Dec 3 12:18:43 UTC 2004

Sheo S Prasad wrote:
> I will greatly appreciate help in the matter of how to make a USB flash
> crad reader (n-in-one variety) work in Fedora-2, specifically when the
> card reader/witer is connected throgh a USB hub.

See updfstab.conf(5) and find the description for your device in
/proc/bus/usb/devices. Make sure that your usb mass storage device
driver is unloaded (lsmod(8) and rmmod(8)). Either add your device to
the existing flash section of /etc/updfstab.conf.default, or you will
also have to add your device to console.perms(5) in /etc/security.

Brian

--
Brian Richardson
Software Developer