Linux way to perform this vid card reflash...

Brian Richardson brian at cubik.ca
Fri Dec 3 14:18:56 UTC 2004

Jim Higson wrote:

>I couldn't use a boot floppy because this machine has no floppy drive (I could
>get one as last resort) - is there such thing as a dos boot cd?

There is no such thing as "the Linux way to reflash my BIOS". The flash
program is written for DOS. Ergo, you must run DOS to run the flash
program. I wouldn't do this from a DOS box in Linux, because the video
card is already in use. You _could_ transfer the boot floppy image to an
El Torito boot image and burn it to a CD, but probably easiest just to
put the floppy drive in for the 2 minutes it takes to do this video BIOS
upgrade.

Brian

--
Brian Richardson