ADSL Internet connection

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Fri Dec 3 14:40:17 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 07:44 +0100, Cumbrera Hernandez, Juan Manuel (FA)
wrote:
> I have one ADSL modem from Vitelcom with Conexant chipset.
>
> Does somebody knows how to make that the modem works and can it
> connect me to internet?

I set up 2 (external) modems by setting them to bridging mode, and that
let data pass through them.  In front of that I run a firewall / router,
I used freesco that can be found at freesco.org.

You may have to check with your phone company on how they ID you to the
network.  It may be software from them that is Windows only.

Good luck with the phone company :-)  Unless you have another ISP, and
they should be able to help you out.

Tim...