Start X?

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Fri Dec 3 15:31:21 UTC 2004

I happened to cut and paste it into a file.  Here's what I have (which is
probably the same as the Google cache but...

    * Red Hat:
      rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3/RPM-GPG-KEY*

    * fedora.us:
      rpm --import http://www.fedora.us/FEDORA-GPG-KEY

    * rpm.livna.org:
      rpm --import http://rpm.livna.org/RPM-LIVNA-GPG-KEY

    * FreshRPMs:
      rpm --import http://freshrpms.net/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.txt

    * DAG:
      rpm --import http://dag.wieers.com/packages/RPM-GPG-KEY.dag.txt

    * ATrpms:
      rpm --import http://atrpms.net/RPM-GPG-KEY.atrpms

    * NewRPMs:
      rpm --import http://newrpms.sunsite.dk/gpg-pubkey-newrpms.txt

    * Dries:
      rpm --import http://apt.sw.be/dries/RPM-GPG-KEY.dries.txt

    * JPackage:
      rpm --import http://www.jpackage.org/jpackage.asc

(Thanks to Kai Thomsen for the original location of the ATrpms key,
and thanks to Tom Householder for the new location! Thanks to Pim
Rupert for the location of the Dries key. Thanks to Anduin Withers
for a good idea about how to reorganize this question.)

>> However, using the page cached by Google, I found the examples of
>> key files.  I arbitrarily chose the first one, typing:
>>
>>     rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3/RPM-GPG-KEY
>>
>> Then I was able to run 'yum install xorg-x11', which chugged along,
>> until I got some errors like:
>>
>> public key not available for
>> [snip]
>>
>> Do I need to install another public key for each package?  How do
>> I know what public key to use for each one?

Not so much each package but each repository.  Look in /etc/yum.conf
or more likely in /etc/yum.repos.d/ and see what repositories are
listed.  You'll want to install the keys for those.

--
Henry