FC3 Graphical Install and Boot Problems

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Dec 3 17:48:16 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 03.12.2004 schrieb Richard Duncan um 8:36:

> I'm having troubles installing FC3 in graphical install or, once
> installed using text mode, booting (can't get past firstboot's
> graphical mode).  I see the buttons, dialogue boxes, etc., but not text
> in any of them, so I have no idea what I'm doing.  I tried switching to
> a VGA monitor, but no luck, same as with DVI.  Any ideas? I'm using the
> FC3 DVD and it passes media check.

From the FC3 release notes: use the "nofb" switch if you experience
problems with the framebuffer mode.
One installed remove the "rhgb" (maybe too the "quiet" option to get
more verbose output) from the kernel parameter line (grub boot screen
press "a").

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:47:55 up 13 days, 13:35, load average: 0.19, 0.27, 0.32