REPOST: Need help after system crash

Lance.Spence at cox.com Lance.Spence at cox.com
Fri Dec 3 18:20:30 UTC 2004

My Fedora Core 2 system crash yesterday and I'm not sure how to get it
back to a stable state. During initial boot when checking the
filesystem I received the following:

fschk.ext3: Unable to resolve 'Label=/opt'
fschk.ext3: Unable to resolve 'Label=/tmp'
fschk.ext3: Unable to resolve 'Label=/usr'
fschk.ext3: Unable to resolve 'Label=/var'

[FAILED]
*** An error occurred during the file system check.
*** Dropping you to a shell; the sytem will reboot
*** when you leave the shell.

Once I enter the root password. I receive the following:

bash: id: command not found
bash: id: command not found
bash: id: command not found
bash: [: too many arguments
(Repair filesystem) 1 #

Can someone please tell me my next step to get my system stable?