KDE and autorun

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Dec 3 21:52:22 UTC 2004

I'm a GNOME user, so this may just be me.

I am completely unable to get autorun to work in KDE.
It does not mount the DVD, it does not run the autorun script on the
DVD.

When the user logs in, the autorun thing bounces - but then it stops
bouncing, and that's all - media is not even mounted.

FC3 with all updates.
What do I do?

-=-
Secondly - is there a way from a shell script to turn off the event
noises temporarily? IE the beeps and burps from kdialog?

IE - run command to save user setting to shell variable
turn off the sounds
do my thing
restore user settings

In gnome that kind of thing can be done with gconftool-2

Thanks for suggestions