scanning software

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 22:42:35 UTC 2004

Richard E Miles wrote:
> I don't know that it may be proper but you can change the permissions in:
> /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions
> Look for sg in scsi area.

I understand from http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/udev/ and
rpm -qf /etc/udev/permissions.d/50-udev.permissions
that this file belongs to an RPM, which is liable to get upgraded, and
you'll be responsible for merging your changes and Fedora's.

# New permissions should be placed in a file, which ends in .permissions
# in /etc/udev/permissions.d/. Please do not use 50-udev.permissions.

man udev says that files are read "in lexical order", which should mean
that anything beginning 00 to 49 will be read before 50-udev.permissions
and presumably over-ride it.

James (wading through a backlog of ~2000 list e-mails...)

--
E-mail address: james | USER ERROR: replace user and press any key
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | to continue.